We Are Hiring
Child/Adolescent Psychologist or Therapist
New London Counseling Center is seeking full-time or part-time Psychologists and Therapists to work with children and adolescents. At New London Counseling Center (NLCC) you will find a very caring and dedicated team that supports one another and encourages a healthy work-life balance. We are a nonprofit organization that is committed to promoting the emotional, relational and spiritual well-being of individuals and families by providing high quality, compassionate therapy and educational workshops. New London Counseling Center strives to provide mental health care to all who need it and we do not turn anyone away due to financial reasons. Through our community-centered approach, we tear down the walls of traditional mental health delivery and make services affordable, accessible and available.
A Psychologist/Therapist in this role will be involved in the provision of behavioral health treatment, such as psychotherapy, psychological assessment, consultation, and community education. We do not contract with insurance companies, which allows our Clinical Team to focus on what matters most…their clients. Our Clinicians are a close-knit team and meet regularly (bi-weekly) for consultation and continuing education. Enjoy flexibility to create a schedule that promotes a healthy work/life balance.
We currently have two openings available, both focusing on children and youth. One position is in our out-patient office and will involve mostly afternoon/evening hours. Outpatient clinicians are able to set their own schedules and work an amount that suits their lifestyle. The other position is school-based (3 days/week for the academic year). The school-based therapist may additionally work in our out-patient office, if they choose.
This position has daily responsibilities that may include evaluation, outpatient therapy, crisis intervention, and consultation. Clinicians are responsible for clinical care and documentation in our practice management system.
A core part of the New London Counseling Center’s mission is to promote mental health education and advocacy. Clinicians are encouraged to conduct workshops, presentations, and seminars for various community groups.
· For Psychologists: A doctoral degree from an American Psychological Association-accredited graduate program in clinical or counseling psychology with PA licensure OR be eligible for licensure with supervised hours
· For Therapists: Master’s degree from a Counseling or related program with PA licensure as LPC, LCSW or LMFT OR be eligible for licensure with supervised hours
· Two or more years post-degree experience preferred
· Multicultural competence including experience in working with underserved populations
· Successful completion of all clearances and background checks
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time